We join the dots
between scoping opportunities,
building strategy and managing action
- Consumer research We investigate people’s contexts, attitudes and needs to create more compelling product experiences.
- Market analysis We examine the competitive landscape through different lenses to figure out where to play, and for insights into how to win.
- Industry foresight We help make sense of change and build a point of view on the future, by analysing trends and consulting experts.
- Experience vision We create inspirational visions of the future to focus efforts on a common and compelling purpose.
- Value conception We help develop simple, distinctive and credible customer propositions that offer value to companies, customers and partners.
- Portfolio planning We help companies develop and deliver product ranges that are efficient, coherent and easy to navigate.
- Organisation and culture When strategies change, we help to embed new management structures and a cohesive internal design culture.
- Capability development We help managers to recruit the right people and adapt their team’s capabilities to meet shifting business needs.
- Tools and processes We help develop frameworks, processes and communication tools to make strategies tangible and embed them within organisations.
How we work
Five strategic habits
Frame the Challenge
Strategic challenges tend to be fuzzy and complex. We identify the key dimensions of the challenge and use them to build a clear framework that defines the scope and nature of the problem to be solved.
To get a rounded view of the issues and opportunities, we circle the challenge to gather different perspectives. This helps us to uncover blind spots and triangulate between data points to verify our understanding.
Zoom in and out
In order to keep innovation initiatives aligned with wider business objectives, we continually adjust our focus: stepping back to situate problems in a big-picture context, and getting up close to consider the fine details of the product experience.
Mix rigour with creativity
When it comes to innovation, relying solely on analysis or on intuitive leaps only takes you so far. We combine rigor and intuition throughout the process to structure and solve problems.
To prevent strategies bouncing off organisations, we craft clear, concise, and cogent communications. We try to combine clarity of thought with examples, metaphors and stories that connect.
Training a community of experience design leaders
Rolling out a new process on a global scale and nurturing a community of practice.